We believe that all children are looking for belonging and significance. Misbehaviours that occur are because one of these core needs is not being met in some way. Our team works with students to identify the roots of behaviour and help children collaboratively focus on solutions.
Jointly these approaches aim to help pupils develop tolerance, co-operation, self-discipline and respect for rules so as to provide an environment in which everyone feels happy, safe, secure, and where learners take account for their actions.
Any response by VIS to behavior will always embody these five principles.
- Helps children feel a sense of connection.
- Is mutually respectful and encouraging.
- Is effective long – term.
- Teaches important social and life skills.
- Invites children to discover how capable they are.
You can read more in our Positive Discipline and Restorative Justice Policy